Windows Server Backup can only be performed locally on a computer running Exchange 2010 on the Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system. And the Windows Server Backup feature must be installed on the local computer. If a server hosting the data being backed up is a member of a database availability group (DAG) and hosts both active and passive database copies, you must disable the Microsoft Exchange Replication service VSS writer. If the Microsoft Exchange Replication service VSS writer is enabled, the backup operation will fail. For detailed steps, see Using Windows Server Backup to Back Up and Restore Exchange Data.
1. Start Windows Server Backup.
2. In the Actions pane, click Backup Once. The Backup Once wizard appears.
3. On the Backup options page, select Full server (recommended) to back up all volumes on the server, and then click Next.
4. On the Select backup configuration page, select the type of backup that you want, and then click Next
Note: By default, volumes that contain operating system components or applications are included in the backup and can't be excluded.
5. On the Specify destination type page, select the location where you want to store the backup, and then click Next. If Remote shared folder is selected, the Specify remote folder page appears. Specify a UNC path for the backup files, and then do one of the following to configure access control settings.
6. On the Specify advanced options page, select VSS full backup, and then click Next.
7. On the Confirmation page, review the backup settings, and then click Backup.
8. On the Backup progress page, you can view the status and progress of the backup operation.
9. Click Close when the backup operation has completed.
If you want to backup Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010, learn more about Exchange backup and restore software.
Related articles to backup Exchange 2010, see
How to backup Exchange Server 2010?
Free backup Exchange 2010
Backup Exchange 2010 Windows Server 2008
Exchange 2010 backup software
Exchange 2010 backup freeware