It is possible and easy to redistribute free disk space and repartition your whole hard drive without reinstalling the Windows Operating System with EASEUS Partition Master. 6. Position the mouse pointer on the right partition handle. Drag the handle to cover all free space until the handle can't move when the mouse pointer changes to a double-headed arrow.
Here is a case: a system is a Dell PowerEdge 1800 running Windows 2003 Server and has a 160GB hard drive running Raid 5 split into two partitions - Drive C:(60 GB for System) and Drive D:(100 GB). The problem is that C: is approaching its limit and running out of space, while D: has enough free space available. Is there a way to redistribute the free space of D: to C: without losing data?
The answer is yes. In this situation, you can redistribute the free disk space for Raid 5 on your hard drive in an easy and safe way with EASEUS Partition Master Server Edition, which is used for helping you optimize disk space usage and manage disk and partition better to increase the efficiency of Windows-based system administration a s extend your system partition, redistribute the free disk space and repartition the hard drive for Windows Server users.
To redistribute the free disk space for RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 5, please follow the instructions below:
Precaution: although the chances of corruption or data loss during resizing process is minimal, it is best to always back up your data first and reserve 10% free space on the partition you want to operate, especially when you are resizing the OS partition.
1. Load EASEUS Partition Master.
2. Right click the D: partition that you want to redistribute free space from for the C: drive on the disk map, and choose "Resize/Move".
4. Position the mouse pointer on the right partition handle. Drag the handle to the partition size you want when the mouse pointer changes to a double-headed arrow. On a partition map, current size of the partition is displayed on the top of the dialog box. It also depicts the used and unused space within the partition and the free space surrounding the partition (if any exists). The information is important for your resizing task. The minimum and maximum sizes that you can resize a partition also appear below the map.
5. You will get free space, and then drag the free space to the right side of system partition C: by right moving the D: partition.
7. Choose "Apply".
You will success to redistribute free disk space on PC or Windows Servers easily without losing ay bite of data after the above steps. You may free download a demo version of EASEUS Partition Master Server Edition now to testify the truth by yourself now.
6. Position the mouse pointer on the right partition handle. Drag the handle to cover all free space until the handle can't move when the mouse pointer changes to a double-headed arrow.