How to convert FAT to NTFS? To answer this question, we need to know something else.
What is FAT and NTFS?
Generally speaking, NTFS has several improvements over FAT such as improved support for metadata and the use of advanced data structures to improve performance, reliability, and disk space utilization, plus additional extensions such as security access control lists and file system journaling.
How to Convert FAT to NTFS Using Convert.ext?
FAT partition can be converted to NTFS by using Convert.exe.
To find out more information about Convert.exe, please follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click , type , and then press ENTER.
2. In the command window, type and then press ENTER.
To convert a volume to NTFS from the command prompt, follow these tips:
1. Open . Click , point to , point to , and then click .
2. In the command prompt window, type: drive_letter:
: Once you convert a drive or partition to NTFS, you cannot simply convert it back to FAT or FAT32. You will need to reformat the drive or partition which will erase all data, including programs and personal files, on the partition.
How to Convert FAT to NTFS without Convert.ext?
Since not all computer users are computer experts, it's definitely a difficult task for those who are not familiar with command line. Then, an easier and safer solution is needed to convert FAT to NTFS. And I strongly recommend EASEUS Partition Master which helps to convert FAT to NTFS without any data loss in an easy way.
Just follow these steps:
1. Select a FAT12/16/32 partition.
2. 2. Click Partitions -> Advanced -> Convert.
3. The pop-up dialog box will show the source and destination file system, click "OK" to continue.
You may also do it by right clicking the mouse.